Requirements for the Sequence-Based Minor in Creative Writing
7 Courses, as follows
(No writing course may be taken pass/fail or audited)
Two Introductory Courses*
- 206 Reading & Writing Poetry**
- 207 Reading & Writing Fiction (pre-requisite: 206)
- 208 Reading & Writing Creative Nonfiction (pre-requisite: 206)
Year-long Creative Writing Sequence
(1 of the following 3 credit courses)
- 393 Theory & Practice of Poetry
- 394 Theory & Practice of Fiction
- 395 Theory & Practice of Creative Nonfiction
Two 300-level literature classes***
(from English Department offerings ONLY):
- 1 on material written prior to 1830
- 1 on material written after 1830
* The School for Continuing Studies also offer courses under English 206, 207, and 208. These courses do not count toward the Sequence-Based Minor in Creative Writing.
** Freshmen may not enroll in this class until their first spring quarter. Seniors may not enroll until add/drop week.
*** Students who have completed both sections of either American Literary Traditions (270-1,2) or British Literary Traditions (210-1,2) can use these two courses to count as ONE of these six literature courses.
The Voice Within Us: Poetry Reading and Chapbook Release Celebration
May 26, 2015 • 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM